C section scars are the scars which are produced due to the surgical incision or cut which is made during a cesarean section to deliver a baby. C section scars are not very troublesome like many other scars. This is because these scars are over our lower abdomen and can be covered up easily with our clothes. They need not be exposed outside. So we can be free of the embarrassment which is caused when people keep staring at your scars.
Anyways the joy of becoming a mother and delivering your baby safely means more than anything in the world to you. This joy compensates for the entire emotional trauma that is caused to you due to the scars. Previously the c section scars used to be very big due to the incisions made. But nowadays, the c section scars appear very small due to the modern technology which is being used in c sections.
Why is C section done?
C section is done when there are problems to deliver your baby through the vagina. The problems which lead to cesarean section are:
- Your baby being very large that it cannot be delivered vaginally.
- Your vaginal opening being very small and cannot give space for the baby to pass.
- The baby is not in the normal position and it is in some form of breech position.
- When you have some medical emergencies like abruption placenta where the placenta breaks away from the uterine wall.
- When you have a condition called placenta previa where your placenta obstructs your vaginal opening and you cannot deliver the baby vaginally.
- There are many more reasons for doing a c section.
Types of C sections:
There are mainly 2 types of C sections or cesarean sections. They are:
1.Classical C section:
It is the type of C section which was used more previously. But now this type of C section is done very rarely. In this type of surgery the incision or cut is longitudinal or length wise over the lower abdomen. But it has more complications.
2.Lower segment C section:
In this type of surgery the cut or incision made is horizontal over the lower abdomen. This method of surgery has fewer complications and is preferred more than classical C section.
Get rid of C section scars which look ugly:
You need not worry so much about the C section scars. There are many possible ways to get rid of these C section scars. The most commonly used ones are:
1.Silicone sheets for scars:
Silicone sheets are very effective in the treatment of C section scars. They are available as over the counter medications, which makes them very easily available. They are also reusable, so they can be used for many times repeatedly. So they are not very expensive. The benefits that they have on the scar treatment also make them worth a try. They show effects on scar like:
- Reducing the symptoms like itching and pain of the scar.
- They also help in reducing the swelling over the scar.
- They help in prevention of any complications of the scar like development of keloid scars and hypertrophic scars.
- They reduce the thickness and also the pigmentation over the scar.
Laser therapy is also one of the most commonly used therapies for C section scar removal. But it is very important for you to choose the right clinic to prevent the risks associated with laser therapy. The most common risks that are associated with laser therapy are:
- Formation of blisters
- Risk of infection
- Risk of hyperpigmentation
3.Scar removal creams:
There are many scar removal creams which are available in the market. They are very easily available and easy to use. But you need to choose the right scar removal cream to get the maximum benefit. The most commonly used scar removal creams are Mederma scar cream, Bio oil, Revitol scar cream and Scar esthetique.
4.Compression dressings or C section belts:
These dressings put pressure on the abdomen and prevent the excess formation of collagen which leads to the formation of the scars.
Tips for you:
- You need to maintain your surgical wound site very clean and sterile to prevent infection of the wound.
- Keep washing the wound with anti-bacterial soaps and pat them dry. Them apply some antibacterial cream over them and dress them up with sterile dressing pads to prevent infection of the site.
- Let the wound heal completely before you try any C section scar removal methods.
- Eat well, sleep well and take good rest to let the body work normally.
- Have a positive attitude that you can get rid of your C section scars
Incoming search terms:
- c-section scars
- can you get rid of a c cection scar?
- classical c section scars
- how to get rid of c section scar
- how to get rid of c section scars
- when can you put bio oil what to put on a c section scar