Get rid of pimple scars with our easy to follow steps. Then read my guide on getting rid of pimple scars. Pimple scars are also known as acne scars. Pimple scars formation is really a very bad problem to suffer from. Pimple scars make us worried about the way we look. We become self-conscious and won’t be able to concentrate on our work properly.
Why is a pimple scar formed?
Our skin has many sebaceous glands in it. They produce a substance called sebum which is necessary to moisturize our skin and keep it soft. These sebaceous glands are connected to the hair follicles to form pilosebaceous unit. When excess of sebum is produced, bacteria like Propionibacterium acnes break down the sebum or the oily substance. Then there will an accumulation of dead skin cells or debris in the hair follicle.
The size of the hair follicle will increase and it will break eventually. So the debris and sebum enter the deeper layers of the skin called dermis. Our body will try to cover up the wound formed by the breaking of the pimple or acne. There will production of collagen to cover the wound. This collagen will lead to the formation of the pimple scars.
Types of pimple scars:
Keloid scars are the scars which extend beyond the site of the injury or wound. They protrude outside the body part where the scar is formed. These kinds of scars are more commonly seen in people of African descent.
These scars are very thick, red and swollen. They are also produced due to the increased production of the collagen than required.
3.Ice pick scars:
These scars are very deep and form pits in our skin
These scars are also called as wavy scars or wave like scars as they look like waves on the skin.
These scars have edges or angles just like a box. So they are called with that name.
Get rid of pimple scars:
There are many treatments available for the treatment of the pimple scars. Let us talk about some of them.
1.Lemon juice remedy:
Lemon juice is very good for curing pimple scars. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties. Apply lemon juice over the pimple scars and leave it for some time. Then wash your face with warm water. Repeat this process daily for about a month. You will begin to see the results after some days of using this method.
2.Olive oil massage:
Apply olive oil over the pimple scars and massage gently for few minutes. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash your face with Luke warm water. This will definitely help you to get rid of the pimple scars soon.
Nowadays laser therapy has become very popular in the treatment of acne. Two types of lasers are being used for treating pimple scars like carbon dioxide laser and Nd-Yag laser. Laser therapy can yield very good results. But it is very expensive due to which many people avoid opting this method.
In this method certain chemicals are used to peel off or remove the superficial or uppermost layers of your skin. Then the skin cells below this layer will divide and replace the lost scar cells with new healthy and good looking cells. So by using this treatment you can get rid of those ugly looking scars. The most commonly used chemicals are phenols and some acidic substances like alpha hydroxyl acid.
5.Apply vitamin E:
Apply vitamin E oil to the pimple scars regularly. This vitamin will supply nutrition to your skin and will help it to get rid of those pimple scars easily.
6.Intense pulse light therapy:
It is given the short form IPL. This is one of the newer methods for the treatment of the pimple scars.
Things you should do:
- Avoid popping your pimples in order to prevent them from forming in the first place.
- Drink many glasses of water every day. Water will cleanse your body and remove waste products from your body. This will help your skin to be clean and soft.
- Eat many fruits and vegetables daily. Make them a part of your diet daily. These fruits have anti-oxidants which will help your skin to function effectively and get rid of pimple scars well.
- Wash your face at least 2 times a day with face wash. This will prevent accumulation of waste products in your skin which will irritate the skin. But be careful not to wash your skin many times a day.
- Apply some natural face masks like the Aloe vera gel or cucumber juice to your face over the pimple scars. These natural remedies will help you to get rid of pimple scars.
Incoming search terms:
- what do eat to get rid of scar pimples
- sebum lemon juice keloid
- how to get rid of zit scars fast
- PIMPLE SCAR NAME
- keep getting pimples in c section scar
- how to get rid popped pimple scars
- how to get rid of scar zit fast
- how to get rid of pimple scar
- how to get rid of oil pimples
- how to get rid of blackhead scars